Habits of the Healthy Teacher
1.Eat a healthy diet consisting of minimally processed foods.
2. Get regular restful sleep. Become a sleep pro.
3. Exercise at a minimum 3 times per week for 20 mins.
4. Drink Water. 6-8 glasses per day.
5. Stand between classes, move around, stretch, a little bit goes a long ways.
6. Reduce Stress. Set time to meditate, avoid or eliminate known stressors when possible and learn to mitigate the unavoidable.
7.Understand the cancellation policy. Don’t fear it, understand how it works and use it when needed.
8. Stay Positive. Remember your why. Why do you love teaching? Why do you do this?
9. Be your own boss. Schedule your day. Set time limits for task and screen time. Schedule time for self care. Schedule your own hours and vacations. Take time off. Vipkid is very supportive of this. So many teacher are under the false impression that they must work all the time. It’s okay to take breaks.
10. Get Natural Sunlight. Go outside and enjoy the fresh air for 15 minutes a day.